The quality of a tooth can become compromised by dental infection and injury, and the best treatment may be to have a dental crown placed. Our dentist and team are happy to provide tips on proper dental crown care to help your restoration remain effective for years.
Depending on your needs and preferences, you can choose porcelain, porcelain fused with metal, or gold material to create the crown, which is custom crafted to offer appropriate appearance, strength and protection.
We encourage you to follow these tips to prevent damages to dental crowns and keep them looking beautiful:
– Avoid hard foods that damage dental crowns, like ice and hard candy.
– Don’t open packages with your teeth.
– Break any habits of chewing on your fingernails while stressed.
– Bruxism treatment can stop you from grinding and clenching your teeth, especially while you are asleep.
– Brush your dental crown twice a day as you would the rest of your teeth to prevent tooth decay.
– Floss the dental crown like a real tooth on a daily basis, focusing on where the tooth meets the gum line.
– Schedule professional dental cleanings with the dentist twice a year.
If you are unsure if you need a dental crown in Flint, Michigan, we invite you to contact us at 810-694-0200 today and speak with our dentist, Dr. Milan Sata.